Christian Women’s Job Corps of McLennan County has served women over the age of 18 in McLennan County since 2003. “CWJC Waco” provides 100% free Job Training and GED Classes that seek to empower women through a holistic approach that fosters spiritual, personal, and professional growth enabling women to transform themselves, their families, and their communities. Our classes and workshops include: GED prep and testing, money management, computer classes, Bible study, personal relationship growth, resume writing, interview skills, communication skills, and much more. Pairing these classes with tutoring, case management, and mentoring makes our graduates confident and capable employees and community members. CWJC Alumni go on to impact their community, pursue secondary education, and find stable, excellent employment opportunities all while still staying connected to the encouraging voices they found at CWJC. CWJC Waco is driven by donors, volunteers, and community partners who are committed and invested in the hope and transformation that women receive through their time at CWJC.
- Women are developing self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Women are becoming devoted mothers, loving wives, and dependable employees.
- Families and future generations are changing, and the community is improving.
- On a yearly basis volunteers contribute over 5,000 hours as teachers, mentors, lunch providers, prayer warriors, encouragers, community resources, and mock interviewers.
- People from more than 150 churches, businesses, and organizations throughout the community have participated in the success of our program.
The miracles that God performs in our women at CWJC go far beyond the job market. We invite you to make an investment in women’s lives through a one-time donation or a monthly pledge. We appreciate your gift and your confidence in CWJC and will continue to be good stewards of God’s blessings. Join us as a partner in the miracles God is performing!